Tuesday, June 22, 2010

It's Tuesday and I'm Reflecting


"A good snapshot stops a moment from running away." ~Eudora Welty


The school year here has been over now for almost a month and Summer is definitely in full swing. Although I am enjoying the calm relaxtion of days without adhering to a schedule and the pressure of never ending paperwork, I sure do miss my students. I find myself revisiting photos that were regularly captured by my devoted parent volunteer, Ms Vickie. Memories of our year together. Pajama Day, Teddy Bear Tea Party, Pumpkin Carving, Thanksgiving Feast, Valentines Exchange, Mother's Day Tea and our two treasured field trips in the Spring. When I study the photos long enough I swear I can hear my students' laughter or even see a restless wiggle here or there. I can fondly remember their voices, little idiosyncrasies, and perhaps the favorite of all Kindergarten teachers...those never-ending hugs.



1 comment:

The Whaleys said...

Aw Jan, Natalie will miss you so much this next year. Thanks for having me in on ya'lls fun, it was a year to remember for sure!