Sunday, June 12, 2011

Cute Toucan Stuff

As you can tell from my blog title, I like toucans alot.  In my classroom you will find them on posters, in books, even as puppets.  I am always on the lookout for more toucan stuff that I think my students will like.  Here's some that I found on a recent search.
  • On Crayola's website I found this cute craft for making "you can toucan mascots" using Crayola Model Magic. 
  • "You Can Toucan Math" is a colorful book full of problem solving fun.
  • "Toucan You Can" is a collection of catchy children's songs by vocal artist, Donna Lisa.
  • I found an adorable little musical video about Toco the toucan on the children's website, Boowa and Kwala.  If you haven't checked out this website...do it!
  • One of my favorite poets, Shel Silverstein, wrote the poem below about this curious little bird.  I think I might incorporate it into a creative writing activity for my Kinders next school year.
The Toucan

Tell me who can
Catch a toucan?
Lou can.

Just how few can
Ride the toucan?
Two can.

What kind of goo can
Stick you to the toucan?
Glue can.

Who can write some
More about the toucan?
You can!

No comments: