I know that somehow (even without cloning) I will make it through the evening with a smile on my face. But I must follow my checklist of successful Open House ingredients to make sure that I am prepared.
- A sign in sheet that specifically asks how each student will be transported to/from school and if they will bring or buy their lunch. Not only does this give me vital information for the always hectic 1st day of school, but also prompts a new parent to think of those details if they haven't done so already.
- A table set up with examples of the items requested on my classroom supply list. I also place copies of my classroom wish list on the table.
- A table set up with examples of our Kindergarten curriculum.
- A photo album that includes pictures of classroom activities and field trips from the last school year.
- In each child's cubby I place an envelope of school forms and grade level information for each parent and a small goodie bag of treats for each student.
- I have served simple refreshments in the past. Cookies and lemonade or juice are yummy and inexpensive.