Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Calendar Routine....Mighty Magical Stuff!

Today was our fourth full day of school.  Our classroom routines and rituals are beginning to come together nicely. I was reminded today how much I love Calendar time. I think it is one of the most meaningful classroom routines in our Kindergarten day. It encompasses Math, Reading, Writing, Science, and Social Studies.  It evolves throughout the year as my students' skill levels build, but also offers repetitive learning which is so good for my younger learners. It is amazing to watch my little ones master Calendar so well that they can actually lead it with just my minimal guidance. To watch a group of 5 and 6 year olds facilitate their own learning is some mighty magical learning stuff!


My Classroom Calendar Wall on the 1st Day of School



No comments: