Sunday, January 2, 2011
Five Reasons to Love Going Back to Kindergarten After Winter Break
1. Greeting my little ones at the door with hugs, hugs and more hugs.
2. Watching them proudly show off new haircuts, tennis shoes, and lost teeth.
3. Seeing how much they have grown! I am always amazed at the growth spurt that happens during the winter break.
4. Marveling at how quickly my students settle back into our learning routine with just a little (gentle) nudging and lots of loving reinforcement.
For my last reason I consulted my husband, who is the Principal of a neighboring elementary school in our community. He summed it up perfectly....
5. I look forward to seeing my students (all 579 of them) because I miss "their happy."