Sunday, January 2, 2011

Five Reasons to Love Going Back to Kindergarten After Winter Break

I usually post my recap at the end of an exhausting and exhilarating week spent teaching Kindergarten.  But since I haven't been in the classroom in over two weeks, I decided to capture some of the wonderful reasons why I look forward going back to my Kinders after the long winter break.

1. Greeting my little ones at the door with hugs, hugs and more hugs.
2. Watching them proudly show off new haircuts, tennis shoes, and lost teeth.
3. Seeing how much they have grown!  I am always amazed at the growth spurt that happens during the winter break.
4.  Marveling at how quickly my students settle back into our learning routine with just a little (gentle) nudging and lots of loving reinforcement.

For my last reason I consulted my husband, who is the Principal of a neighboring elementary school in our community.  He summed it up perfectly....

5.  I look forward to seeing my students (all 579 of them) because I miss "their happy." 

1 comment:

Dan Gurney said...

Yes, it will be good to get back to their happy! I'm looking forward to it too. Thanks for this post.