Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Oh The Things They Will Say....What's in a Name?

Today during Reading instruction we were busily categorizing words with the sound of /l/ in them.  One category contained words that begin with /l/; one for words with /l/ as a final sound; and a category for words that have /l/ somewhere in the middle. 

The activity was going along really well, especially when we discovered that many of our names contain the sound of /l/. Lillian, Tyler, Danielle, Collier, Riley, Miller, Lance, and Lexi just to name a few.  And then B, (who hasn't an /l/ anywhere in his name) raised his hand to contribute to the group,  And boy did he ever when he excitedly exclaimed, "Mrs. Pearce I know someone ....Will Ferrell!"

Now how can you top that?

3 comments:

Dan Gurney said...

That's great. Right on both counts.

Unknown said...

I love what comes out of their sweet little mouths. Most of the time. ha! They will definitely keep you on your toes!

I just found your blog and the title had me cracking up! LOVE it! I just started browsing your page, but I'm already intrigued by the hands-on activities and science projects! Awesome blog.

I just started a teaching blog of my own- I'm snowed in up here in TN!

http://teachinghappilyeverafter.blogspot.com

Mrs. Pearce said...

Thanks for the comments guys!

Excited to link now to http://teachinghappilyeverafter.blogspot.com