Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Top Picks for New Classroom Resources

For the past month, I have been receiving a steady stream of classroom supply catalogs in the mail.  I love to go through the catalogs....much like I did Christmas catalogs when I was a little girl.  Here are the items that are at the top on my wish list for the upcoming school year.  I have included links to their online catalog descriptions in case you want to check them out.  Just click on 'em.

From Lakeshore Learning

Numbers, Letters and Beginning Picture Words Rubbing Plates

Story Wands

Alphabet Pointers

Magnifier Discovery Board

Find the Number Counting Kit

Sight Word Sentence Builder Kit


From Carson-Dellosa Publishing

Good Work Holders

CenterSOLUTIONS Thinking Kids Math

CenterSOLUTIONS Thematic Words for Young Writers


From Really Good Stuff

What Comes Next? Sequencing Pocket Chart Kit

I Have, Who Has?  Language Arts Book

Slide and Learn Interactive Number Lines

Geometric Shapes Outline Stampers


Unfortunately, like many of you, my supply funds are limited.  So now I just need to figure out how many of these I can create myself.

4 comments:

Monds & Mayberry said...

As I was looking at your items I was thinking about how I could make some of these things. I really want to make the rubbing plates first. Now, to figure out the best way. :-)

Mrs. Pearce said...

Colleen...Thanks for checking out the post! And if you figure any of them out, please let me know!! I would love to feature your creations of these items!

Sheri said...

I have also been going through the catalogs and making lists of things I want and things I want to do in my class next year.

I made the *mistake* of finding the only Lakeshore store in GA - only 10 minutes from my parents house! My poor husband!! It was like being in heaven. :)

Hope you get many of the things you want.

Sheri
kindergarten-roundup

Marie W said...

I have a pointer for each letter of the alphabet that I made from dowel rods (precut to 12" from Wal-Mart) and painted wooden cut outs from the craft store. I have an apple for A, a banana for B, a cat for C, a dinosaur for D...some of the hard letters I just cut out of fun foam and hot glued onto the end of the stick (like X). He cut outs cost around 50 cents each but I waited for a sale and got them for about 35 cents.