Friday, December 17, 2010
Five Reasons to Love This Week
1. Sitting across from a parent in a conference and watching his face beam as I tell him just how much his little boy has blossomed during the past three months.
2. Being visited all week long by former students. They showered me with homemade cards, cookies, a used teddy bear, and an entire bag of mini Snickers (my favorite candy bar).
3. Singing and dancing over and over again to "Milton the Dancing Christmas Mouse" by Jack Hartmann. If you have never heard this song, check out this link. It is adorable. My students love it and ask for it again and again.
4. Reading "Twas the Night Before Christmas" and taking delight in hearing my students recite the story along with me.
5. Giving (and getting) great big goodbye hugs from my Kinders to last two whole weeks. Our Winter Holiday break began this afternoon at 1:15 pm.