Saturday, December 4, 2010

Five Reasons

I am going to try a new blog ritual today.  At the end of every week, I will list 5 reasons why I love teaching Kinders.  I think it will be a good way for me to intentionally recognize the wonder of the grade level that I get to experience every day.  Here goes.....!

1.  Simply changing the classroom calendar from November to December ignites excitement like no other.
2.  Deep belly-giggles every time I annouce the title of the song. "Alphardy" by Dr. Jean.
3.  Watching a student be greeted so warmly by her friends after being out with a nasty case of strep throat.  They ran to the door when they saw her enter and one friend even gently helped to take off her coat.
4.  Seeing five year old eyes light up when I passed around a bowl full of Cinnamon potpurri and asked "Do you smell Christmas?"
5. Warm December hugs.  What more can I say.

No comments: